Friday, August 22, 2008

A word from Sarah in the Western Hills class

Hey all...see below...Sarah wanted me to forward this to all of you.

Hi Katie,

Not sure if you remember me talking about how I had to go to an orthopedic surgeon a few weeks ago...well, I did and my MRI shows severe stress injury. He said I was about 2 weeks from a full blown fracture and being on crutches for 3 months.

Unfortunately, this means I won't be able to continue with StrollerFit for at least a few months. I am not allowed to do basically anything for a month. I am only allowed to walk (short distances) and do upper body/core strengthening.

I see him again in a month to see if there is improvement and if so, I will have to complete his "back to running" 8 week program to get my legs and knees strong again.

I am so depressed about this. I had FINALLY found something that made working out fun, and I was starting to feel my body get more in shape. It was a perfect fit for me. I was crying to my doctor and I think he thought I was wacko, but having a baby totally changed my body and I was finally determined to get it back into shape. I was so excited to start running the 5Ks with you all.

Anyways, sorry this is a novel. I am just very upset about it, but wanted to let you know how thankful I am for everyone's support in the short month I was in the program. It's a great group of women, and I'm sad I can't be a part of it for now. I was going to write on your blog to thank everyone for pushing me, but couldn't figure out how to post. Just please extend my thanks to everyone. Hopefully I will be emailing you again in a few months.

Thanks,
Sarah

No comments: