Saturday, August 9, 2008

I love the olympics

The olympics are could possibly be one of my favorite things. The opening ceremonies always make me shed a tear or two. The representation of nations where shoes are a true luxury is always so awesome to see. I think about the athletes having to struggle to find a way to get to the olympics...but they find a way. I would imagine some of the most impoverished countries trade goats or other livestock for shoes and transportation. I would love to see their faces when they step on the plane for the first time and it was a true thrill to see them walk into olympic stadium aka "the bird's nest" and hearing the crowd cheering. These athletes are truly heroes. Their training is often scattered because of lack of facilities and coaches. They often run on dirt roads with no shoes. Which brings me to this my friends...

We live in the wealthiest country in the nation. We are offered opportunities for exercise and fitness at every corner. So why do some of us not take that opportunity. Don't you think the athletes from the poor nations would love to have what we have. Just something to think about next time you don't think you want to run or want to instead watch tv. One of the best gifts that America has given us is the freedom to exercise...so do it and stop making excuses.



www.strollerfit.com
www.hiptobemom.com
www.momandbabysport.com

No comments: